Saturday, March 12, 2005

Red Shit Day

Watched a couple of movies last night - rather than submit to the torture of Comic Relief - I still find rich people trying to make me feel guilty rather annoying. Thrown-together comedy sketch / poor people montage / comedy sketch / kids with aids / Mcfly performance /news / comedy sketch with swearing / more fucking gondolas / kids crying & dying /celebrities giving up their precious time for free / Davina Fucking McCall..Oh, spare me. I'd rather give my cash to a hard up terrorist organization.
Anyway - Aliens Vs Predator - not bad. From the general vibe I thought it was going to be shit - but, well, not at all bad. Good killing & stuff, plenty of money spent. All in all a good old romp, though obviously reduced violence to keep it a fifteen - as they did in King Arthur - the whole 'dvd only cut scenes' thing is just pissing me off now - apparently in the dvd extras on Bambi his mum gets chain-sawed. Still, which is it, Predator 3 or Alien 5? Answers in the dustbin please.
On top of that we watched Wimbledon - why, I don't know. It was completely down to me - I can't blame my girlfriend. Every now and again I guess I need to check that the British film industry is still shit - and I can confirm without any fear of retribution that the British film industry is still well and truly bum-fucking itself to death.
There must be someone in this country that can make a film that isn't an overlong version of a crap sitcom or go for the 'it's grim oop north but life's what you make it especially if your a poor kid playing in the street near a fire hydrant' theme.
Somebody should resurrect Hammer Films..and quickly.

No comments: