Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Now I Understand

Sitting outside at work today, smoking one of my many American cigarettes - I saw an ambulance parked by reception (doubtless there to pick up some poor sap who read their emails today) and I couldn't help but notice 'Emergency Ambulance' written on the side.
Is there any other kind?
Maybe this is the root of the problems we read about all the time with the ambulances always taking two hours to turn up at accidents. Perhaps we're not asking for the right type of ambulance. Obviously we need to specify 'Emergency Ambulance' when we call or else we might get a 'No Particular Rush Ambulance' or a 'Sometime Today Between Two And Six Ambulance.'
So, next time you're lying in the gutter gouting blood from your face after a good kicking from the local 12 year olds, remember to mention 'Emergency' when you call 999.
Believe me, I have plenty more life and death information where that came from.

1 comment:

KOM said...

Very funny.

I've always subconciously thought of it as an extended title: Emergency! - the Ambulance. And there are as many spinoffs as Law and Order. Emergency - the Fire Engine, E! - K9 Unit, E! - Use Stairs in Case of, etc.