Thursday, May 05, 2005

The Big Questions

So, I've taken Kek-w 's challenge to answer 7 very tough bookworm questions, and here I go:

1/ You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451 - which book do you want to be? (Which I take to mean 'what book would I burn)

Well, I would agree completely with burning anything by Ben Elton. In fact just burning him might be simpler. But if there's one book I would burn and piss on the ashes, it's Hi Fidelity by Nick Hornby (I would also burn The Long Firm by Jake Arnott - but I wouldn't piss on the ashes).
Someone lent me Hi Fidelity years ago (they meant well - I hold no grudge) - saying something like 'it's just the sort of thing you'd like'. Well, it's not. It's a weak, asexual ego wank. Everybody's got a good heart, everything turns out nice. It's utter, utter shit.

2/ Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?

Oh, yes. Ooooh, yes.
Much like Kek, most of my early wanking years involved Jean Grey (Yes - she died and never came back), and I was also very partial to The Wasp, The Invisible Girl and Lady Sif.
I was also very into Stefanie Powers as The Girl From U.N.C.L.E. - And more recently Stacy Sheridan in T J Hooker.
But in books - well, I have to go for Fah Lo Suee - Fu Manchu's daughter, she's so fucking evil she upsets Fu Manchu himself. That's hard.
She's closely followed by Jean Morris, mostly referred to as 'The Girl With Hair The Colour Of Steel' in Doc Savage #7 - The Monsters.
I could go on and on, but I won't.
This has reminded me - I must dig out my Silver Sable comics...

No comments: