Thursday, April 24, 2008

Variety El Punko #01


As my continuing obsession with the 70s spirals into depressing nostalgia and a mindnumbing lack of knowledge of anything musically current, I have compiled what is probably the single greatest punk compilation cd ever put together. Tracks are as follows:
1/ Brickfield Nights - The Boys.
2/ She's A Windup - Dr Feelgood.
3/ Do Anything You Wanna Do - Eddie & The Hotrods.
4/ Automatic Lover - The Vibrators.
5/ Sweet Suburbia - The Skids.
6/ Public Image - Public Image.
7/ Orgasm Addict - Buzzcocks.
8/ Whatever Happened To? - Buzzcocks.
9/ Perfect Day - The Saints.
10/ Wasted Life - Stiff Little Fingers.
11/ Suspect Device - Stiff Little Fingers.
12/ Straighten Out - The Stranglers.
13/ Hanging Around - The Stranglers.
14/ Help - The Damned.
15/ In A Rut - The Ruts.
16/ In My Area - The Fall.
17/ Protex Blue - The Clash.
18/ I Don't Need To Tell Her - The Lurkers.
19/ Born To Loose - Johnny Thunders & The Heartbreakers.
20/ Bored Teenagers - The Adverts.
21/ Eve Of Destruction - The Dickies.
22/ Don't Dictate - Penetration.
23/ I'm Not Living In The Real World - Blondie.
24/ Swallow My Pride - The Ramones.
25/ Where Have All The Bootboys Gone? - Slaughter & The Dogs.
26/ Johnny Was - Stiff Little Fingers.
27/ Borstal Breakout - Sham 69.
Yeah, no Pistols. Anybody wants a copy let me know. It's fucking brilliant, and you get all the vinyl pops & hiss because I never looked after my records. I'm working on Variety El Punko #02 as we speak as I couldn't find my 999 singles when I put this one together. Also putting together my long awaited early 80s Terror Fish album 'Tracey Carter'. It's only long awaited by me, but it's still long awaited.

No comments: